Friday, August 12, 2011

The Pro-Life Battle Cry: "I want to adopt your baby!"

My husband just sent me the link to this blog, which encourages Christian families to adopt special needs and abortion-bound babies.

God has really laid it on my heart that when the time comes in which we could adopt, the place to go is really outside the abortion clinic. As a moderate Malcolm Gladwell reader, I do believe that the marketing and convenience of an idea can make all the difference in whether the idea succeeds. If I were a woman who didn't feel that she had options, I would be looking for an instant out. If, instead of saying, "there is a nebulus family out there who could help you raise your family," we said, "Right now, we want to see you through your pregrancy and adopt the baby you have," it would be more concrete and more of a real option.

And let's face it, what is cooler than saving lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment